Monday, February 25, 2008

Sim Tower Vista Too Fast

Greetings

When you go into a room we should salute all those therein. We must not only say hello, how are you, but it is also okay to ask if we pass a good day and news of the family. - Hello, are you? - Hello, yes, okay, and you okay? - Oh, okay. And family, okay? - Yes it will. - And the day? - Yes it will. - And it'll work? - You Bet , alright . Usually we give the handshake between men and women. However there are some girls, like Aida, which does not give a hand to a man who is not his family. It can also give kisses when you greet the family or at a party, at Christmas in Roch was a bit mixed, some gave 1, others 2, others 3. (We Quebecers, it gives 2). I learn later that among the Lebanese is 3.

When I walk down the street, I often get me to say hello , just like that for no reason. Often by small curious children or young men trying to flirt. I prefer to say Hello to make me say Toubab! In smaller cities (such Joal), people, often children, are content to say Toubab. Toddlers say it aloud, often pointing at me from afar, like a game like ah ah! I saw you! We also hear adults whispering in our way, blah blah blah toubab , blah blah.

One thing that surprised me at first: how we call someone who offers a service, such as a server or driver taxi. It drops a Pssssst strong enough and not at all subtle. Call someone in this way in Quebec is unthinkable. It would be stupid enough to respond and even ask for that one begins to do so ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment